Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Rediscover the pleasure of reading … thanks to a Kindle? – Ridble

At the ebook reader is often blamed for groped to destroy the paper book. But if they were able to bring back the joy of reading to those who had lost?

As a child I read a lot. Macinavo books about books, from Geronimo Stilton (I do not want) to most things involved. I bought computer magazines also, of course, and some manual recuperavo computer of which, often, we understand relatively little – but not why they were less interesting. Reading was the activity that, in some periods, took up most of my time, especially when I was in his hands an interesting saga (the Harry Potter lasted more than two days, if it was fine).

Growing up, Unfortunately, I began to spend less and less time on the books. Accomplices computer and internet , the school and the rest, I could not find (or did not want to find, perhaps) the time to read a novel, a biography, a anything. At the same time, I cursed because I could throw down tons of articles from the web, but a paper book you never talked about.

I have promised to fix it. From college student to come out of the office, I had to find a convenient, economical, and possibly to occupy little space. I asked for a Kindle from 59 € as a birthday gift, and I think it was the correct solution. I can say that an ebook reader made me rediscover the pleasure of reading .



Every book, everywhere

ebook reader devices are incredible. Their E Ink screen allows you to read without effort, like looking at words on the printed page. The device weighs little, it has the right size to be carried everywhere, has a battery that lasts for weeks, and a memory that lets you store thousands of books as usual. Just 59 € bring home a device that, to me, it still seems incredibly fiction .

Of course, the feeling of the card is not there. Nothing beats a good book – the smell of ink and cellulose , the weight of the tome, the noise when you turn the page. But a Kindle any offers benefits to those who, like me, wanted something designed for the life of a college student, always on the move and with a variety of requirements. One of this is the ability to buy books at any time of the day or night, wherever you are, and sometimes competitive prices.

The online store of books are full of deals ebook: to name a few, Amazon every day brings one or more books at a figure of € 1 or 2 – is the so-called flash Offer Kindle. Every week there are discounts on the topic, which is why it is Christmas or Easter because they celebrate some other holiday or because Jeff Bezos (CEO of Amazon) went well. The great classics often cost literally pennies , and ebook for free (and legal) are found in every corner of the web. Read a book in the original language is no longer a matter of finding a bookstore in town that sells them: there are also those, and can be bought in the same way.

Kindle

The memory of the Kindle allows you to carry around a library boundless of manuals, novels and several volumes, and the operating system of the device lets you organize your books and look at them without any particular effort. Again, sounds like science fiction, or at least for me it is. It seems incredible that we have reached the point of having all the wisdom and information in disparate devices that are in our pockets, but that’s what happens a few years from now.

What I did still surprised it was the experience of using the Kindle app on the phone or as other devices. The other day I was immersed in reading a novel, Kindle and told me that I was almost at the end, namely 95%. I had to leave the house, and I chose not to take with me the Kindle – I regret the decision just sitting on the subway, since I wanted to know what happened in the final pages of the novel. I remember to have the Kindle app on your phone: you see that …? I open it, I find the book, I press on us and I find myself exactly the same page where I left before you leave the house on my Kindle. They look like little things, but at that moment I was really surprised: I’d been able to find anywhere in the world, but with the ability to resume reading the same novel from the point where I left off. All this without spending a penny more, only through an internet connection from the phone.



It’s a digital world

Here’s how an ebook reader got me back the joy of reading. Kindle is not binding on me : everywhere I can not only read, but also to buy new books, and the selection is endless and often at a reduced cost. Kindle allows me to carry around even university handouts, slides, various documents, manuals of all sorts – in short, anything you read, can easily enter into the memory of the device.

An object of the genre then such a compact size to fit, without weighing, in any pocket of a backpack or shoulder bag – I is even in some pair of jeans! And when for some reason the Kindle is not with me, I can always continue reading from the phone or tablet that is – is not the same thing, since they have the LCD, but it’s nice to know can count on access to free own library , at any time and in any occasion.

If you have five minutes to spare and I’m in the right, I can read. If I’m on the subway or bus, I can read. What is “The Count of Monte Cristo” or the latest “Hunger Games”, the weight of the Kindle does not change. 11:00 pm And if I absolutely have to read that book that I loved when I was in middle school (and I remembered to be more interesting, that’s for sure) I can do it, by going to the Kindle Store and purchasing a digital copy . With free samples can also take a look at the first chapter without spending anything, and then decide whether to buy the book or not.

I, personally, now I would find it hard to give up this comfort . I caught not, initially, the enthusiasm of my sister for this device – but now that she just gave it to me, I can say to be really satisfied. Maybe it was just a matter of willingness to start reading more, who knows. But an ebook reader gives me so many more opportunities, all without sacrificing any way make me able to go to the library, look at the cover and the synopsis, and then decided to go home with a good book paper. Of course, even if one day arrive in Italy Kindle matchbook, the option to have the hard copy of a title and a few coins in even more digital …

Kindle model we are talking about in this editorial is the base came presently to 59 € from Amazon.it. Are you interested to know more? Find our review of the Kindle Paperwhite, more advanced model has a backlight, from this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment