Friday, March 18, 2016

The most popular passages from Mindy Kaling’s Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? – Entertainment Weekly

In just under a year, Mindy Kaling went from standing out as a supporting actress on The Office to releasing her first book and headlining The Mindy Project , a network comedy Also she created. Her debut collection of personal essays, Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? showcases her witty observations on growing up as an awkward child, attending a Predominantly-white college as an Indian-American woman, and blossoming into a successful comedian and actress. Celebrate Women’s History Month by checking out the book’s top Kindle passages below, as shared by Amazon, from one of today’s most fiercely original writers.

  • “One friend with whom-you have a lot in common is better than with three-whom you struggle to find things to talk about. “
  • ” as my mom has said, When one person is unhappy, it means usually you two people are unhappy but That one has not come to terms with it yet. “
  • ” I’m the kind of person who would rather get my hopes up really high and watch them get dashed to pieces than wisely keep my expectations at bay and hope they are exceeded. This quality has made me needy and theatrical friend, but has given me a spectacularly dramatic emotional life. “
  • ” In real life, Should not a wedding be an awesome party you throw with your great pal, in the presence of a bunch of your other friends? A great day, for sure, but not the beginning and Certainly not the end of your friendship with a person you can not wait to talk about gardening with for the next forty years. “
  • ” There Has Ceased to Be a Difference Between My Clothes and Awake Asleep My Clothes “
  • ” Sometimes You Just Have to Put on lip gloss and Pretend to Be Psyched “
  • ” However, you Should know I disagree with a lot of traditional advice. For instance, they say the best revenge is living well. I say it’s acid in the face-who will love them now? “
  • ” A note about me: I do not think stress is a legitimate topic of conversation, in public anyway. No one ever wants to hear how anyone else is stressed out, Because most of the time everyone is stressed out. Going on and on in detail about how stressed out I am is not conversation. It’ll never lead anywhere. No one is going to say, “Wow, Mindy, you really have it especially bad. I have heard some stories of stress, but this just takes the cake. “
  • ” When we graduated high school, she went to the Cooper Union in Manhattan pursued as to her love of set design, and I went to Dartmouth pursued as to my love of white people and North Face parkas. “
  • ” One good thing about New York is that most people function daily while in a low-grade depression. “
LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment