Tuesday, May 10, 2016

The Kindle Oasis has a unique, real problem: it is a crazy cool – GQ.com

Alessandro Scarano

When it was new Kindle Oasis reaction of preparing me he was very impressed. Because instead of commenting on the subject, started a discussion of digital vs. paper books books. I naively thought that ended in a while ‘. All this made me come back down to earth. The truth is that the player Kindle , which matches many copies of each subway, train or half the public in the morning and go to work, is a special breed, not the norm population. I can imagine who reads a lot and uses the digital to reduce paper costs. At the same time, probably, you do not mind the paper books, indeed. It can also be someone who travels a lot and often, and did not want to carry around extra pounds library – I still remember with a smile when more than 10 years ago I came back with a suitcase full of books only – and especially did not want to get concussion supplementary to put in your suitcase the book you are reading.

Or remove it from hand luggage regulations. If you have the Kindle , you have all your books there. Efinita made. If you forget it at home, I read them on the phone, so they are synchronized to the last page.

I belong fully to the race of readers Kindle . I had the gray one with the keypad bought abroad, I regretted not having bought the model DX with the screen xl (we will) and a little ‘for work, a little’ out of necessity, I’ve got it tried them all. When I bought my first Kindle , it cost much more than the basic models now. But the matte screen with no light seemed the future. In fact, little has changed. The size, the touch, the backlight to achieve the “paperwhite” effect. But one thing is certain: if you never crossed my mind to buy a Kindle, it will not be the ‘ Oasis to change your mind. If you use it, you can consider the price an investment. Here’s why:

  1. Battery . Have you read this here . Oasis live in synergy with its cover and this ensures an excellent longevity. Not having to load yet another device is a blessing. Especially since backlit models and 3g suck more battery than their ancestors. Choose well the cover. That faux aged brownish which came as sample, with its appeal “I wanted to-be-a-tomo-bound-in-leather-human”, well, let’s say that may not meet the tastes of all
  2. dimensions . The most important thing for me. I consider the Kindle as paperback books. So they should Starmie in your pocket. More pockets they can get, the better. The Voyage, without housing, barely enters into your back pocket. In the morning, a Sunday, I carry at the bar and read while drinking a coffee. To carry it like that, I can not use a carrying case. My Voyage fact is dysfunctional. The Kindle Oasis you you can take it anywhere with the included carrying case. The size is perfect.
  3. The screen. It is the same as the Voyage and the Paperwhite. Same size (6 “), the same resolution (300ppi), backlight. Nothing new. Compared to the size, it seems the best that you can hope for. Returning to the Right speech, above: because Amazon does not think of a new Kindle with “big screen” , in which comfortable reading when you are at home, for instance?
  4. buttons. Let’s face it. Those Touch Voyage is a cosmic ciofeche. They are difficult to use and if you are not a graduate pianist often capitombolerai with your finger on the touch screen producing disasters. Those of this new model are solid, real, live up to those of the original Kindle, when even the anxiety of touch had not made its way into e-book reader of Jeff Bezos (I find it more awkward than useful, then definitely not so for all).
  5. firmware . I used a sample model. I “sample” also the firmware, I guess. There has been some after restarting problem and when you reopen the Kindle after it has not been used for a few hours, you must “wake.” It takes me a while ‘. A small flaw, easy to fix. I hope that happens within about ten days, when I have to return the sample, because I am convinced that I have to give me the new Oasis.



LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment